How to Get Rid of Mouth Ulcer
Among many part of our body system, mouth is believed to be the most sensitive one. Therefore,
people usually suffer from painful feeling in this area, which is quite uncomfortable. In fact,
mouth ulcer is the most common disease related to tongue, it usually accompanies with small
bumps and long red rashes in the tongue. Although doctors haven’t found exactly what causes
mouth ulcer, it seems that an accidental bite in tongue may be the main reason leading people to
this trouble. Moreover, it is said that viral infection, bacterial attack or sudden changes in
hormonal level are other contributors to sore tongue.
Here are top 7 tips on how to get rid of mouth ulcer naturally and effectively.
It is the antiseptic elements in salt which make it outstanding among many natural treatments for
mouth ulcer. You will feel much better thanks to the help of anti-inflammatory properties
presented in salt.
- Dissolve a spoon of salt by some water
- Use the solution to gargle your mouth
- Do like this 2-3 times a day
2. Baking Soda
Another effective home remedy for mouth ulcer is baking soda. More than a normal cooking
ingredient, baking soda can bring about incredible effects on removing inflammation caused by
sore tongue. Moreover, the soothing qualities found in baking soda will also remove pain
- Get a mixture of baking soda and water with 1:1 ratio
- Mix them together until you have perfect paste
- Apply it into your affected tongue in 5 minutes
- Use lukewarm water to rinse off
- Follow this remedy many times
Another highly suggested home remedy for mouth ulcer can be listed as licorice. In fact, the
combination of anti-inflammatory and antibacterial qualities in this natural treatment will be
responsible for calming your sore and eliminate bacteria blamed for this issue.
- Have some licorice root powder mix with enough water
- Mix them well until you get a paste
- Apply the paste directly into your painful tongue
- Use clean water to wash your mouth
4. Hydrogen Peroxide
If you are annoyed much by continuous painful feeling caused by mouth ulcer, it is highly
suggested that you apply hydrogen peroxide. Thanks to the support coming from this special
liquid, viral infection responsible for sore tongue will be regulated for sure. As a result, you will
no longer suffer from pain any more.
- Dilute some hydrogen peroxide with enough amount of water
- Stir them well
- Put it in your tongue with the help of a cotton ball
- Wait for 2-3 minutes before washing it off
- Follow this remedy many times
5. Aloe Vera
In the list of tips on how to get rid of mouth ulcer, aloe vera always receives love from patients.
As people all know, aloe vera is so rich in anti-inflammatory qualities, therefore, this natural
home remedy has ability to remove your inflamed tongue as well as to reduce pain to the lowest
- Extract gel from some aloe vera leaves
- Apply it directly in your affected area
- Leave it on 5-10 minutes
- Do like this many times
In the fight against mouth ulcer, honey always receive great love from users. In particular, honey
will take responsibility to sooth pain in tongue area. Additionally, honey is so good at enhancing
immune system. As a result, it can improve your overall health for sure.
7. Lavender Oil
No one is unfamiliar with lavender oil. More than a special kind of oil which has ability to keep
our mind calm, lavender oil will also act as natural home remedy for mouth ulcer. Specifically,
virus causing sore tongue will no longer have chance to develop and annoy you. More than this,
lavender oil can also speed up healing process effectively.